Winning a battle with the invisible enemy like germs, microbes, viruses is more tough than in the national borders. For that, we need to sanitize everything, including our houses is a must. We can try ourselves or contact a company that sanitizes house. House sanitization is an intricate task, where you have to take care of several aspects of your house. At the same time, you have to be knowledgeable about the cleaning and sanitization process. You have to keep in mind that:
- Cleaning and sanitization are different processes
- Cleaning follows sanitization, i.e. without cleaning sanitization is not possible
- Normal cleaning what we do every day is not enough
- There is no scope for complacency, you have to ensure that the house is sanitized
How to Disinfect Whole House – Important Arrangement and a Few Things to Remember
Cleaning and sanitization in times of high emergency help in preventing contagious diseases to a great extent. So, for the sake of your family, you have to be knowledgeable about the best way to get rid of germs in house.
A few arrangements before start cleaning and sanitizing process –
- You need a pair of disposable gloves – alternatively, you can use rubber gloves but don’t forget to sanitize it after a day’s job.
- A bottle of DIY home disinfectant – various brands are available in the market; alternatively, you prepare one at home also with bleaching powder.
- All other cleaning tools and equipment like clothes, sponges, vacuum cleaner, brush, and broom.
A few things to remember while cleaning and disinfecting the house –
- You have to identify the high touch surfaces like countertops, light switches, tables, chair headrests, doorknobs, TV remote, mobile phones, computer keyboards, faucets, sinks, etc.
- Don’t touch any switch or running electric appliances while working
- Keep the children and elderly family members away while cleaning a room
- If you are cleaning and sanitizing the house on your own, get some knowledge on how to kill germs in house.
Which Areas Need to Be Sanitized in Your Residential Space?
Generally, all areas are not contaminated in the same proportion. Some are infected heavily, while some are not. The contamination level can be determined with the help of Swab Test done along with home sanitizing services. According to the level of infection and risk factor, the areas are divided into four zones. High risk area is Red zone, medium risk area is Orange zone, low risk area is Yellow zone and no risk area is Green zone.
Elevator, Gym, Guard Room – High risk area
Reception, RWA Office, Club House, Corridor– Medium risk area
Stairs-Railing– Low risk area
We should not consider our home area as the only concerned area. The entire residential complex should be considered and treated.
However, here are some ways to clean and sanitize your own home on your own.
How to Sanitize Your Home – A Complete Checklist for Effective Sanitization
Step 1: How to Disinfect A Room?
- Clean the floor with a broom
- Use the vacuum cleaner to vacuum the areas where a broom cannot reach
- Vacuum the carpet, sofa, bed, cushions, and all other furniture
- Dust the doors and windows with a fresh cloth
- Dust the electronic goods with a brush and piece of cloth as suitable
After completing the primary cleaning and dusting, do the following:
- Add disinfectant in a bucket of water and deep-clean the open floor area
- Use a mild solution of soap-water and a sponge to clean all the material surfaces, especially the high touching points
- Use a disinfectant to wash all these places once again with a sponge or small piece of cotton cloth
- Let this dry naturally
Clean the electronic and electrical goods in the following way:
- Read the special instructions regarding the cleaning of electronic and electrical goods
- Use an alcohol-based disinfectant to sanitize mobile phones, land phones, TV, and other electronic goods
It is always feasible to use suitable covers for electronic goods like mobile phones to reduce your hardship of sanitization.
Step 2: How to Sanitize a Bathroom?
- Use a soap-water solution to clean all surfaces sink, faucets, tub, all handles, doorknob, flush, and windowpanes
- Use a good quality toilet cleaner to clean the toilet thoroughly
- Let the surfaces dry naturally or with an air blower
- Pour a homemade disinfectant (with bleaching powder and water) and spray it everywhere in the bathroom – residential complex sanitization services normally use this kind of solution
- Let the surfaces dry naturally that kills most of the invisible germs
- Use the same solution to mop the floor of the bathroom
Step 3: How to Sanitize a Kitchen?
Kitchen sanitization follows the same process as a bathroom or a room, you need to keep special attention in certain areas of it:
- Deep clean and sanitize the sink
- Clean the outlay pipe of the sink if accessible
- Wipe the stovetop and counters with detergent and water using a sponge or clean piece of cloth
- Use hot water and soap to wash the touching boards
- Vacate the refrigerator and clean it with a mild solution of dishwashing liquid and water followed by cleaning with normal water
- Clean the mixture grinder in the same way followed by cleaning with normal water
How to Disinfect Your House with the Help of House Sanitizing Services?
Expert cleaning and sanitizing services ensure complete protection from all types of highly contagious microbes. You need to ask to help with a house sanitizing service that promises to provide you:
- An antimicrobial transparent coating on the surface of home
- Gives 99.99% germ kill protection
- Complete sanitization for home to make it virus-proof
- Successful against SARS and other droplet-based viruses
- Effective against 3 months
In addition to this, there will be no smell, no colour and no side-effects. This can only be possible with Germ Shield Services.
It is already making news for its effective germ protection for residential spaces, commercial spaces, cars, bikes, and elevators, and making available online.