Just like regular checkups and health reports are required to keep a track of your health, Vehicle Inspection Reports are required to keep a track of the health of your car, bike and scooty. It is basically a detailed diagnosis of different parts of the vehicle so as to avoid the occurrence of breakdown and accidents.
With the fast growing economy, the number of vehicles has also rapidly increased. However, basic knowledge associated with vehicle inspection is still the area that has not been explored much. As per the general mindset, people prefer checking everything as per their knowledge just to save some amount. However, it is always advisable for everyone to seek the help of an expert to get the inspection done.
This blog will cover:
- Why should I get a Vehicle Pre Purchase Inspection Report?
- What are the Inclusions of Vehicle Inspection Report?
- Vehicle Information & Key Highlights
- Repair Estimate
- Analysis of Vehicle’s Body
- Car Inspection report
- Bike Inspection Report
- Scooter Inspection Report
- Overall Condition Remarks
Why Should I Get a Vehicle Pre Purchase Inspection Report?
For a buyer, a Vehicle Inspection Report is precisely a document that testifies the state of the vehicle in an elaborate manner. Along with abiding by various available is state & country guidelines, Inspection Reports can help you in various ways:
- It can also be termed as a documented proof to set the tone of discussion between the buyer and the seller as it helps in drawing out the accurate valuation of the vehicle.
- It helps in eliminating the last minute repair expenditure by furnishing complete information about damaged and faulty parts
- It informs about the replaceable parts and the estimated cost of the same
- Motor Vehicle Inspection reports are now digital which makes it even more accessible through smartphones
- Vehicle Pre Purchase Inspection Reports have pictures of the vehicle from all the angles to establish transparency about the interior and exterior of the car .
What are the Inclusions of a Good Inspection Report?
Getting your vehicle inspected prior to buying or selling it helps in ensuring that the performance of the pre-owned vehicle is up to the mark. In order to make sure that the inspection has been done in an accurate manner, here are a few things to check:
A comprehensive inspection report starts with giving basic details Like:
- Name of the Service Availer
- Date of Service
- Name of the technician
- Experience of the technician
Giving such nuanced information at the very beginning is required to develop clarity between the service provider and retriever.
Vehicle Information & Key Highlights
Keeping transparency as the base is one of the key features of a good inspection report. Sharing accurate and nuanced information about the vehicle including the Colour, Year of Manufacturing, Model, Registration Number. Chassis Number/VIN, location, Number of Owners and Km Run,etc. Should be the aim of the report. Along with this, there are certain key features that must be included in a detailed report. They are:
- Flood Damage
- RC Copy
- Insurance Copy
At the time of inspection, the skilled technician that gets allotted post booking the inspection package of your choice can help you get ahead of potentially dangerous issues like low tire tread and inefficient brakes. Along with this, a detailed report showcases a proper graphic data representing the cost of inspection and various attributes leading to that repair estimate. This gives a buyer a fair chance to know what he is bankrolling.
Analysis of Vehicle’s Body
This part of the report should include pictorial representation of different parts of the vehicle intended to be inspected. Having the pictures of the vehicle from the interior and exterior gives an accurate idea of the state of the vehicle. This feature also gives a glimpse of the maintenance of the vehicle by the previous owner. A well maintained vehicle has less chances of having a sudden breakdown. Vehicle body analysis can vary from vehicle to vehicle:
Car Inspection Report
Vehicle Body Analysis segment in the Car Inspection Report carries:
- Labeling of Car’s Exterior
- Exterior Images from different angles
- Labeling of Car’s Interior
- Interior Images from different angles
- Labeling of Wheels & Associated Images
- Test Drive & Condition
- Hood Images
- Important Questions to be asked around the car
The entire comprehensive details of the car under 150+ checkpoints, video coverage and hygiene check will be available on Premium+ Inspection Report. But, you can even opt for Premium Report where you will get 140+ checkpoints, or Basic Report with 40+ checkpoints.
Bike Inspection Report
Vehicle Body Analysis segment in the Bike Inspection Report carries:
- Labeling & Images of the exterior body along with scores as per the condition of the bike
- Labeling & images of Handlebar & Control along with the scores as per the condition of the bike.
- Labeling & images of the Lights & Switches along with the scores
- Wheel Images from different angles & condition
- Test drive and performance based marking
- Mechanical Parts & Performance Images
The comprehensive details of the bike under 120+ checkpoints will be available on Premium Inspection Report, and 40+ checkpoints in Basic Report.
Scooter Inspection Report
Vehicle Body Analysis Segment in the Scooter Inspection report carries:
- Labeling of the Exterior Body & Score as per the condition
- Images of the Exterior Body of the Scooter
- Labeling of the Handle & Controls & Scores as per the condition
- Images of the handlebar & Controls
- Test Drive & Marking as per the performance
- Labeling & images of wheels along with the scores
The comprehensive details of the scooter under 130+ checkpoints will be available on Premium Inspection Report, and 40+ checkpoints in Basic Report.
This section includes part by part and section by section scoring in order to bring clarity about the performance of the vehicle.
An ideal inspection report must have the images of Registration Certificate and Insurance Copy so as to establish authenticity. Furnishing such documents eliminates the risk factors like: fraud and theft.
Overall Condition Remarks
Many of us don’t know the technical aspects of vehicles and therefore, reading and understanding technical terms isn’t easy. For such an audience, vehicle condition remarks are a must. A buyer has to be completely sure and well read about the vehicle prior to making the purchase and such comments help in making their decision firm.
In a nutshell, a Vehicle Inspection Report is required to know and analyze the health of the vehicle. However, it is important to have a trustworthy service provider to get the vehicle inspected. Droom’s ECO Inspection is one such service that can bring forth the true and lucid inspection report of the vehicle. ECO is based on scientific and comprehensive inspection techniques that help the customers in knowing about 140+ checkpoints in a car, 120+ Checkpoints in a bike and 13+ checkpoints in a scooter. It even has a budget friendly and fit for every pocket Vehicle Inspection Report Cost to help the buyers in making an effective decision.
Droom is an automobile e-commerce platform offering a 21st-century automotive buying experience online with its four value pillars including trust, selection, low price, and convenience second to none. It offers 250k+ vehicles online in 1,100 cities — both used and new. Droom deals in buying and selling cars, 2-wheelers, and other vehicles too. It is an AI and data science-driven platform designed with the best ecosystem tools. Here, we have a team of auto-experts and auto enthusiasts who are dedicated to covering every sphere of the auto industry by simplifying the procedure of buying and selling with Unified Droom Experience. To know more, click here.