India has a vast and versatile market of two-wheelers as viewed by economists, it is an ideal market for brands to foray their new products successfully, but in a country like India, the definition of ‘best bike’ is very different. The overcrowded roads and high petrol prices are definitely not suitable conditions to buy a bike with a powerful engine. In this scenario, the commuter bikes get an upper-hand, but if you look at the market every day, there is a new bike launched whereas every bike claims to be better than the other.
All these claims can put you in a circle of confusion while they go on forever; the best solution to this problem is by going with the majority and in terms of bikes it is recommended to go with the numbers. So, here are the names of some highest selling bikes in India that would help you clear your confusion.
- Hero Splendor: Splendor has been the highest selling bike in India for a very long time. The bike is known for its unmatched durability and robust engine that saves a lot on maintenance and other expenses. The bike runs on a 97.2 cc air cooled, 4 – stroke single cylinder OHC and is able to generate power upto 6.15 kW (8.36 Ps) @ 8000 rpm and maximum torque ranging upto 0.82 Kg-m (8.05 Nm) @ 5000 rpm.
- Bajaj Pulsar: Bajaj bikes are known for high torque engine that can easily pull of any stunt from wheelie to a stoppie. Even a basic pulsar bike features a 4-stroke, DTS-i, air cooled, single cylinder engine built with the capability to produce maximum power upto 15.06 @ 9000 (Ps @ RPM) and torque upto 12.5 @ 6500 (Nm @ RPM).
- Hero Passion: Hero Passion ranks as the third highest selling bike in the Indian two-wheeler industry. The bike shares the same engine as the Hero HF Deluxe and Splendor models. The bike is equipped with 97 cc engine while the higher version, i.e. Passion Pro i3S houses the 110 cc.
- Yamaha FZ: With a dominating, aggressive and sporty look, the FZ is definitely an attention grabber. If you are ready to raise your expenditure bar, then you are about to get an air-cooled, 149cc single-cylinder engine that produces 13bhp and 12.8Nm of torque. With this bike, city rides will be even more thrilling than before.
- Royal Enfield Classic: The brand is worshipped in India with high reverence, and anyone on an RE bike is surely about to get spectators in high numbers. A roaring single cylinder, 4 stroke, BS4, twinspark engine that offers power upto 19.8 Bhp @ 5250 rpm with an astounding torque limit of 28 Nm @ 4000 rpm is what makes this brand rank among the top-selling bikes in India.
These bikes can be a great deal as they can save you a lot of money due to their fuel efficiency and high durability and owing to their popularity these bikes are available all over India.
Droom is an automobile e-commerce platform offering a 21st-century automotive buying experience online with its four value pillars including trust, selection, low price, and convenience second to none. It offers 250k+ vehicles online in 1,100 cities — both used and new. Droom deals in buying and selling cars, 2-wheelers, and other vehicles too. It is an AI and data science-driven platform designed with the best ecosystem tools. Here, we have a team of auto-experts and auto enthusiasts who are dedicated to covering every sphere of the auto industry by simplifying the procedure of buying and selling with Unified Droom Experience. To know more, click here.