In India, scooters play a very important role in the day-to-day life of the mass segment buyers as scooters serve as a very frugal and efficient way of daily commute for them. Scooters attract both male and female buyers and, also, they contribute to a large chunk of the overall two-wheeler sales in India. Moreover, there are some high-end scooters which are also well-known for their power delivery and noteworthy design. Let’s have a look at some of the most powerful scooters available in India.
- The top spot in the list of the most powerful scooters in India is grabbed by the iconic Vespa 150. The Vespa 150 comes equipped with a 150cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled mill that produces a maximum power of 11.4 bhp and a peak torque of 11 Nm. The scooter sports a retro design that attracts customers from all over the world. It is priced at Rs 85,130 onwards.
- At the second spot, we have the Aprilia SR 150 that is powered by a 154.8cc engine that generates a remarkable power of 10.4bhp. The scooter comes with a sporty appearance that is further enhanced by the metallic black alloy wheels. The Aprilia SR 150 is available for an amount of Rs 67,950.
- The third spot is occupied by the Vespa 125, the younger sibling of the Vespa 150. Although the two scooters are very much similar in design and features, the Vespa 125 version is powered by a 125cc, single-cylinder engine that produces a max power of 9.9bhp and a peak torque of 10Nm mated with a CVT transmission. It is priced at Rs 78,324 onwards.
- At the fourth position, comes the Suzuki Access New that churns out a remarkable power figure of 8.6bhp while producing a peak torque of 9.8Nm. It is powered by a 124cc engine that comes mated with a CVT gearbox. Priced at Rs 51,932, the Suzuki Access New is a smart choice for the power-loving buyers at an affordable price.
- At last, we have our very own Honda Activa that comes powered by a 124.9cc motor. The engine generates a max power of 8.6bhp at 6500rpm and 10.12Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm. Priced at Rs 56,392, the Honda Activa is the best-selling scooter in the country, and it enjoys a cult following among the buyers, both male and female.