Buying two-wheeler is a daunting job whether the motorcycle is a new or a used one. The present market provides a lot of options for buyers who belong to new as well as the used two-wheeler category. It is vital for buyers to look into every detail to avoid any kind of unpleasant surprises when you buy a bike. Regardless of whether you purchase a new bike or a used one, two-wheeler insurance is mandatory. You should choose your two-wheeler insurance policy from an insurance company only after you compare two-wheeler insurance policies of different companies.
What is motorcycle insurance?
Motorcycle insurance is compulsory particularly the third party liability coverage. This is a protection cover, which saves you from any kind of financial loss whether it is theft or accidental damage that leads to a partial or total loss of your motorcycle. Basically, there are two kinds of insurance plans. A comprehensive plan and the third party liability, compulsory insurance. Comprehensive cover offers much wider coverage.
Coverage under two-wheeler insurance cover:
Comprehensive Two-wheeler insurance online has the following inclusions:
- Damage or loss to the vehicle against natural calamities: Natural calamities may occur any time and that may cause some damage to your two-wheeler. Some of such calamities are explosion, fire, lightning, flood, earthquake, hurricane, typhoon, tempest, storm, cyclone, frost, landslide, hailstorm, and rock slide.
- Damage or loss to the vehicle against man-made calamities: Sometimes man made calamities may cause damage to your vehicle. Such man made calamities include theft, burglary, strike, riot, terrorist activity, malicious act, and damage in transit by rail, road, left, inland waterway, air, or elevator.
Exclusion in a bike insurance cover:
There are certain exclusions that you need to know clearly. In-depth knowledge in this matter will enable you to apply properly at the time of any claim:
- Depreciation or consequential loss
- Aging of a vehicle and normal wear and tear
- Damage by a person driving a bike without a license
- Damage by a person driving a vehicle under the influence of liquor or drugs
- Electrical/mechanical breakdown
- Vehicles being used otherwise than according to its limitations
- Wear and tear of tubes and tyres
Benefits of buying motorcycle insurance online:
The benefits of buying bike insurance online are multiple.
- As you are buying online, you can buy or you can opt for bike insurance renewal online from your laptop, desktop, or smartphone within a few clicks. It is highly convenient.
- You just need to log onto to the website, enter all your personal details, and choose the bike insurance policy that you want to renew or buy. The policy shall be delivered to you instantly in your mailbox. The process is very easy.
- You can compare the different two-wheeler insurance policies regarding their features, benefits, and add-on online. This will help you make an informed decision about two-wheeler insurance renewal as well as purchase.
- You can avail various payment options. You can buy bike insurance online by paying through debit cards, credit cards, e-wallets, and net banking. The payment gateway is secured and this reduces the possibilities of fraud.
- As the complete process of buying or insurance renewal is online, a bike insurance company saves a lot of administrative formalities and paperwork. The benefit of cost saving is given to the customers with lower premiums. Online two-wheeler insurance policies offer discounts that minimize the premium.
- You can quickly seek online assistance from a bike insurance company if you have any query.
If you are confused which insurance could be better for you vehicle and you, Droom can provide better advice helping you take right decision and right kind of insurance.