When GST came into force, it was expected that the entire automobile market would suffer owing to a substantial increase in tax rate. However, the automobile market has shown no signs of slowing down and has breezed past the storm. Quarter by quarter, manufacturers are witnessing a positive year with India’s top manufacturer Maruti Suzuki witnessing 23% growth in sales as compared to previous year. The automobile giant has managed to sell 1.63 Lakh vehicles in August as compared to 1.5 Lakh in the previous month. Similar to them, there are models which made their entry into the list, and then there are manufacturers who have entered the list as well.
Let us look at the 10 most selling cars in India as of 2017.
- Maruti Dzire: Last year none of us could have predicted that any car model will be able to overtake Alto 800. However, that has happened and the Dzire 2017 has topped the list as the top-selling car in 2017. The new-generation sedan has lit the sedan segment and with its all-around features deserves the number one spot.
- Maruti Alto 800: Alto 800 stands tall on the legacy created by the Alto. The reliable mechanicals, low running costs, and strong resale value have contributed to the sales of Maruti Alto 800.
- Maruti Alto K10: In terms of sales, the Alto K10 is not very far from its Alto sibling. The K10 with an engine of 1193cc is a powerful model offered by an Indian.
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno: Baleno is among the top-selling models this year. This model features ABS and dual airbags as standard features across all variant. Thinking to buy a premium hatchback? Not many can beat the Baleno.
- Hyundai Grand i10: In the market for some time now. The Hyundai i10 is among the best hatchbacks in the country. It has got thousands of reasons for you to buy this car.
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R: The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is among the best hatchbacks in the segment. Even though the model has not received any major upgrade since 2010, the interior and basic elements are simply incomparable.
- Maruti Celerio: It is among the first cars to introduce Indians to the concept of affordable automatic cars. Celerio has performed quite well amidst the cutthroat competition from the cars priced lower than it.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift: Swift is among the oldest cars in its segment which still hasn’t lost its charm. Frugal engine and bold aesthetics just do not let us get over them.
- Hyundai Elite i20: In a list dominated by the Maruti models, Hyundai is making its presence felt here and there with Elite i20 – an all-rounder based pm Fluidic design concept among the first cars to offer six airbags and rear disc brakes under INR 10 Lakh. Space, fit and finish all add to the wonderful driving experience.
- Renault Kwid: Kwid has made the budget hatchbacks cool. It is very spacious on the inside and is well equipped with standard features to overcome bad roads.