The new Mahindra XUV 500 has evolved once again with the introduction of a long list of new features. All the new features introduced in XUV 500 in 2019 are:
- The car has got the design inspiration from Land Cruiser, and it is one of the best-looking cars of Mahindra over the years.
- The grill in the front has been extended downwards to give a big appeal to the car. The chrome treatment on the grill, the piano black finish, the tweaked headlights, LED DRLs, chrome element on the headlight, and bending lights, add a premium look to the car. There are chromes added to the side panel as well which is an addition to the new model.
- The rear has also been changed. The tail lights is a split piece, new rear spoiler for aerodynamic efficiency, the tweaked ray bumpers, twin big fat exhausts, parking sensors, and a new look on bumpers.
- The roof has even got a different treatment with a sort of chromic finish on it.
- The door handles have received a change as well which looks totally cool.
Other features that have been added to the new XUV 500 are:
- New push button starts or stop
- New premium dual tone dashboard with integrated cluster hood
- New icy blue illuminated twin-pod clusters
- New icy blue lounge lighting
- New voice messaging system assists the driver with voice alert to know adverse situations such as seatbelt alert, door-open alert, low engine oil pressure, etc.
- New infotainment system which is pretty high-tech and has touchscreen display of 18 cms or 7 inches
- New reverse parking camera with dynamic assistance by voice alert as well as visual display alert on touchscreen. It will assist you to park the vehicles utmost ease at very crowded places or busy roads. It will also help with angular parking and parallel parking.
- Sporty suspension system that includes McPherson Strut suspensions in the front and Independent Multi-link suspensions in the rear
The car is inspired from a Cheetah. The car wants to portray the toughness, speed and the elegancy of the Cheetah. Even during the launch of the car, Mahindra showcase the Cheetah impact in an inspiring manner.
It is not always necessary for your competitors to have a similar product to eat into your market share. This is the story with the D segment Sedans. The launch of the XUV 500 made the tides rough for the D segment sedan manufacturers. Yes, the Cheetah inspired, monocoque Crossover came with a set of features, among which many were segment firsts. This car was designed to carry 7 people with a go anywhere ability with a 4WD system on offer. People call it XUV 500. But, it is actually pronounced as XUV 5 double ‘oh’. Though there were many positives, the car also had a lot of niggles and it took Mahindra almost 3 years to make this product niggle free.
This car was a hit since its launch and still manages to outnumber the sales of all the D-segment sedans put together. Though the car is still selling well, Mahindra has launched a face lifted XUV 500 on 25th May 2015. It looks as if someone has sent the cheetah to business school and groomed it. This all new XUV looks trim and appealing.
There is a redesigned headlamp unit with the S shaped LED DRL bifurcating the Halogen and Projector beams. There is also an all-new Mahindra family grill in the center. The bumper also received some tweaks with a re-positioned fog lamp that sits much higher than before. The cheetah whiskers are also clean-shaven now. When we move to the sides, everything looks familiar except for the all-new 17-inch alloy wheels that look smart. The puddle lamps under the side view mirrors now project the XUV logo on the floor in the night. There is also a thin chrome line that runs along the window line. In the rear, there are subtle changes like a chrome handle for the boot lid.
When we step in, the XUV welcomes us with an illuminated door garnish. The interiors also get a dual tone black and beige scheme across the cabin that, in my perspective, are much better than the old black and purple scheme. This makes the cabin feel much airy. There is also a 7-inch touch operated infotainment system integrated with display for reversing camera and GPS navigation. There is also a sunroof on the top end variant.
The engine is the familiar 2.2L Mhawk diesel motor that churns out 138 bhp of power and 330 Nm of torque. Mahindra is said to have worked on the drive train improving the drivability of the new XUV. There is also an addition of a brake energy regeneration system that has helped to improve the fuel efficiency figures from earlier 15.1 kmpl to 16 kmpl. These changes really look promising to give the XUV a new lease of life. If you’re into this car or any in this segment, check out Droom – India’s first marketplace for buying and selling automobiles. We have a vast selection, priced just right for you.
Droom is an automobile e-commerce platform offering a 21st-century automotive buying experience online with its four value pillars including trust, selection, low price, and convenience second to none. It offers 250k+ vehicles online in 1,100 cities — both used and new. Droom deals in buying and selling cars, 2-wheelers, and other vehicles too. It is an AI and data science-driven platform designed with the best ecosystem tools. Here, we have a team of auto-experts and auto enthusiasts who are dedicated to covering every sphere of the auto industry by simplifying the procedure of buying and selling with Unified Droom Experience. To know more, click here.
Must read this post a few times to ensure I got everything.