Tyres are one of the most important parts of a vehicle and it is very important to take proper care of it. It is the only thing that connects your vehicle with the road surface. It is quite important to take a good care of the tyres so that they do not go through pre-mature wearing or other physical damages. Also, you might have to face various situations where one of your tyres blows out or go through a failure or a puncture. At that time, you need to replace the blown-out tyre with a spare one. If it is possible to drive the car to the nearest service station, then its fine, however, there are times when it is not possible to drive it any longer and in this case, you need to get it replaced by yourself. Here are some tips on how to change a tyre:
1) Apply the handbrake and engage first gear. In case of automatic gearbox, engage “P”.
2) Remove the hubcap, if applicable.
3) Slacken off the bolts of the wheel that you wish to change. For that you need to turn the bolts.
4) Then place the jack in the lifting point closest to the wheel to be removed and extend the jack until the wheel is no longer in contact with ground surface.
5) Remove the wheel carefully and knock it out of the axle.
6) Place the spare wheel on the axle and start securing the bolts until they lock.
7) Tighten the bolts with the wrench properly.
8) Lower down the vehicle slowly and put away the jack.